View Full Version : Safire returns to Chicago...9/23/06!!!

KENNY GUIDO
September 4th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Safire returns to Chicago...9/23/06!!!
Just about a year after her last Chicago appearance...Safire has been confirmed to perform at Chicago's Studio 63 on Saturday, September 23rd, 2006...she was last here-besides last year's Studio 63 show (with Nyasia) at the Aragon Ballroom a couple of years ago and she took over the stage and the rest was a bit anti-climatic...what will make this show stand out is the fact that the WCYC Reunion shows have been a staple on Chicago's Southside for the past few years and the crowds have been awesome...I expect the fanatics to sing along with all of her freestyle hits and of course her killer ballad "Thinking of You"-which probably was the cause of many bouncing back seats about 15 years ago...now that we are celebrating 20 years of WCYC and freestyle, what better way to celebrate (and follow up the incredible George Lamond), than by bringing in another classic act?

One should be reminded that Safire was one of a handful of freestyle artists who made plenty of noise while both a major label and independant label artist. She did videos, hit the Billboard charts and was featured on many a 2nd Generation show on WGN and MTV. I first saw her perform at Chicago's Navy Pier Ballroom with TKA, John Rocca and Chicago group KODA at a Christmas concert in 1988-89...I was finally able to score an interview with her in 2002...

Speaking of Chicago groups, WCYC Entertainment is once again inviting Chicago legend Tim Spinnin Schommer to return with DJ Strike It Up, Gabriel Rican Rodriguez and DJ Gino Rockin Romo and then Safire will light it up by 12:30 am...with yours truly in the best seat in the house as your ring announcer...

The Club former known as the Prime and Tender (and currently known as Studio 63) is located at 7225 West 63rd Street (technically in Summit, but still kinda Chicago). Doors will open at 8:30 pm, with a $15 cover charge...if you're smart, you'll tune in to the "Club Kids" radio show on Chicago's WCEV (1450 AM) from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm on Sundays September 3rd, 9th and 16th for your chance to win a free pass for two by calling 1-773-777-1450...that's a tip for youze on a budget...

Can't wait-it oughta be a great show-I'm gonna try and get another interview with The Great One...

Words and Music,
Harv Roman

luvmesafire
September 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I loves me some Safire! Chicago, go out and show your support!