View Full Version : frankie boy

Luis Figo
February 2nd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Any one rember this guy is he still around

Rhoq
February 2nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Any one rember this guy is he still around

He currently records under the name "Frankie J" who is a popular R&B artist.

freestylegreek
February 7th, 2007, 02:02 PM
He would've still been doing Freestyle if that scam producer didnt rip him off and scam him. I was reading on his site somewhere he talks about it or maybe it was in the message board.

freestylefrEaK
February 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM
He would've still been doing Freestyle if that scam producer didnt rip him off and scam him. I was reading on his site somewhere he talks about it or maybe it was in the message board.

Could this be Atilla from Ventura / Maximum Freestyle Records you're talking about??

Nuklid
February 17th, 2007, 03:45 PM
yes, its Atilla

KENNY GUIDO
February 18th, 2007, 09:29 AM
He currently records under the name "Frankie J" who is a popular R&B artist.

I was watching an interview with him the other day on spanish mtv and he was giving credit to his parents and grandparents how thier influence helped him do the music he does today.

at no point in his interview did he credit "freestyle" to his career. that shit pisses me off! its like LaIndia never acknowleding her freestyle past.:mad:

freestylefrEaK
February 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I don't support people who don't acknowledge their past, where they came from and what made them.

So I don't support where the above are going.

freestylegreek
February 20th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Ya its a shame we have cheesy producers who want to scam people. Frankie Boy or as he wants to be called now Frankie J if he didnt get scammed he would be doing freestyle today.

freestylefrEaK
February 21st, 2007, 10:04 AM
Ya its a shame we have cheesy producers who want to scam people. Frankie Boy or as he wants to be called now Frankie J if he didnt get scammed he would be doing freestyle today.

or simply;

"Ya its a shame we have cheesy producers doing freestyle today."

freestylegreek
February 22nd, 2007, 02:40 AM
Sorry there is a BIG difference between being cheesy and being a scam artist.

You can be legit and be cheesy or you can just scam someone outta their money or pay the artist alot less.

I call it what it is a cheesy scam producer.

freestylefrEaK
February 22nd, 2007, 08:28 AM
Sorry there is a BIG difference between being cheesy and being a scam artist.
You can be legit and be cheesy or you can just scam someone outta their money or pay the artist alot less.
I call it what it is a cheesy scam producer.

:confused:

So is he cheesy or is he a scam artist??

FR3ESTYLEKING
February 24th, 2007, 01:33 AM
at no point in his interview did he credit "freestyle" to his career. that shit pisses me off! its like LaIndia never acknowleding her freestyle past.:mad:

On one of the music channels (no videos)
On comcast -- they display various facts and one of the facts stated that he used to sing I believe it said "Latin Freestyle"

now how often do you see/hear the word(s) Latin Freestyle on TV?? :D

freestylemania
March 29th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Its a shame that he doesn't mention freestyle more. In his original bio when he first came out with the obsession song, he did give credit to freestyle and to George Lamond for being a huge inspiration to him. However, seems now 2 years later, he is a international HUGE star that his record company has revised it and took out the George Lamond part. Its a shame that he doesn't do a freestyle track for the hec of it...........

But the same goes for Marc Anthony.....he did freestyle tracks and then 1992 came and its been Salsa since then. He is another that does credit freestyle and doing music with the Latin Rascals as his starting point but only mentions it for a few seconds, then its all about salsa salsa and gloria estefan, Frankie Ruiz and Celia Cruz, etc..........it would be nice if he would do another english album that a dance/freestyle song could be included......but I guess he doesn't have to anymore.

freestylemania
March 29th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Check out this link. You will need realplayer but its an an interview Marc did back in 1999. Its about 15 minutes long but in minute 2:21 minutes, he gives credit to doing english first in a form of style called Freestyle Music crediting works with Little Louie Vega and the Latin Rascals. Check it out:

http://www.marcanthonyonline.com/Videos/MarcAnthonyEpkEng.ram

Luis Figo
April 27th, 2007, 07:02 AM
What was the name of the song

Maugarita

freestylefrEaK
April 27th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Ya,

Margarita.

Luis Figo
April 27th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Ya,
Margarita.

Great tune

FR3ESTYLEKING
April 27th, 2007, 06:42 PM
http://www.maximumfreestyle.com/frankieboybio.htm

Francis
May 4th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Ya,
Margarita.

Marguarita wasn't sung from the real Frankie Boy, he was sung by a canadian "artist" that took his name and sung under Frankie Boy's name.

I met the fake Frankie Boy when I was in Toronto a long time ago. :eek:

freestylegreek
May 4th, 2007, 10:30 AM
So who did Atilla scam into singing a song and say it was Frankie Boy?

freestylefrEaK
May 4th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Hey greek, did you know that Atilla is a scammer?

taezee
May 5th, 2007, 02:00 AM
frankie j is a great talent some of his songs are my favorite !! id rather him deny any freestyle past then any angel moreno,angelino, "new" sebastian claim to be "freestyle' present

freestylefrEaK
May 5th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Frankie's a good vocalist. I think he could of got pretty far in the freestyle world if he worked with a few more credible producers with different styles.

As for his new stuff, I haven't heard it. What is it? R&B and pop stuff?? So I hear, so I could care less.

freestylegreek
May 6th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Yes I know he is a scammer. I also know through inside sources he never paid certain people money and i also know that he ripped off Nu Image's song Tears In My Eye and said he wrote and produced the track. I also know that he ripped off other songs and said he produced them.

Atilla is a fly by night producer who rents out a studio one day and is gone to another one another day.

He is just like Daniel Bijan another scum to Freestyle. Bijan would scam people outta alot of money just to make a cheap sounding freestyle song and then he would come out with crappy songs on his own.

Hey greek, did you know that Atilla is a scammer?

Rhoq
May 7th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Frankie J might have a good voice now, but if you really take a good listen to the stuff he recorded as "Frankie Boy" his voice sucked. Badly.

Nuklid
May 18th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Frankie J might have a good voice now, but if you really take a good listen to the stuff he recorded as "Frankie Boy" his voice sucked. Badly.

and the best was when he has released the songs as Frankie Bautista...lol

Rhoq
May 18th, 2007, 01:47 PM
and the best was when he has released the songs as Frankie Bautista...lol

His voiced sucked back then too, it was just the music that was better. ;)

Nuklid
May 22nd, 2007, 01:03 AM
I know. This was just a joke

freestylemania
September 24th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I do agree with Rhoq....Frankie Boy's vocals compared to his name now of Frankie J are totally different....Frankie Boy's days were horrible!!

Jumping a lil bit.....atleast LaIndia and Lil Louie Vega came back to the COPA last year and paid homage to their freestyle roots while Marc Anthony and Frankie J sit high on their thrones....

You watch.....20 years from now...Salsa and R&B will forget them and they will be the Micheal Jackson's of their time trying to hit a Top 40 again and all they will be able to do is get an NBC special and one video on MTV that will only last 2 months and POOF they are gone.....I truely believe they will be reverting back to their old songs from when they were "YOUNG" and only then will they MIGHT pay homage to thier roots!!

Its a shame....To me personally, it would be a great day for freestyle when MTV would one day interview Marc Anthony about this "NEW" track and new sound he has come out with and he proudly would say, "Its Freestyle!!"