View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM

BloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really nice
Re: The New "BEATLOCK" feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Coast View Post
I think its crap. I spin strictly vinyl and I would never touch a cd mixer. It took a long time to master beatmatching, no offense to cd deejays, but its cheating in my book. I hope thats not too harsh as I am new here, but I just spent around 40 hours this week putting together a set and I went thru a stack of blank cd's before I was satisfied with it. If I was to do it on these new cd mixers that do the beat matching for you it would be too easy and no fun, plus it wouldn't have that "basement" sound to it.You can easily tell a cd dj versus a turntable dj when listening to a mix cd, it just sounds too perfect, and often they still don't know about timing breaks and counting beats. You have to know your records and also how to read them...wow its not even the same sport IMO. Not to mention analog just sound better, especially the bass that comes from freestyle..After reading some other threads tonight, there are some who don't understand the art of beatmatching and what it means, its an integral part of freestyle..."those who know...know...djc.
I agree Coast .... I really agree with the parts above the I bolded out.

[Output: 15.71 Kb. compressed to 14.84 Kb. by saving 0.87 Kb. (5.51%)]