freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > General Discussion > General Discussion - The Lounge

General Discussion - The Lounge Open discussion. Take a moment to introduce yourself.

Freestyle Forums: Why is it called "New York" Freestyle?

Old May 17th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to KENNY GUIDO
Re: Why is it called "New York" Freestyle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojo View Post
Hey All!

Great forum and site. Wrote my first freestyle song back in 1987 called "Love Me". After that I decided to do some house stuff and I released "Feel The Nasty Groove" in 1991 on Ruffhaus Records. It made it to #5 on the Bill Board underground charts. Thereafter Freestyle really went into the dark until the diehard fans kept it alive as it still is today.

I did some vocal trax for Joey Gold of Metropolitan Records a few years back thought that was my big break. He showed interest and loved my work, but unfortunately he left the biz and was studying to become an attorney. What ever happened to Joey Gold? He would have been my ticket to freestyle happiness because Freestyle was his heart and I Loved it as well..... Joey Gold hope you are doing well and your lovely wife as well. Mike Cerullo shouts out and says, "hey".....

Peace
Fojo
welcome to our site, fogo! its a pleasure to see you in here!

Old September 15th, 2010, 11:08 AM

aqaz123 is on a distinguished road
Re: Why is it called "New York" Freestyle?

Are there any bars/clubs in Manhattan that have Freestyle nights?? I've been searching for a WHILE now.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!