freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > General Discussion > General Discussion - The Lounge

General Discussion - The Lounge Open discussion. Take a moment to introduce yourself.

Freestyle Forums: Why is it called "New York" Freestyle?

Old January 23rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
The Boss
ADMINISTRATOR

Sal Collaziano will become famous soon enoughSal Collaziano will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Sal Collaziano Send a message via AIM to Sal Collaziano Send a message via MSN to Sal Collaziano Send a message via Yahoo to Sal Collaziano
Why is it called "New York" Freestyle?

Why? Because New York is where it all began. Technically, it's all the same. Whether it came out of Miami, New York City or some other state, it's Freestyle.. And since more people in New York - than any other city - are trying to rebuild Freestyle music to the status it once was, we have newyorkfreestyle.com.

If you want to hear Freestyle on the radio again - if you want to hear the new Freestyle music that we're hearing - then you must be a part of this movement... Don't worry about "where" it's from - Freestyle is Freestyle... Let's get to work...

P.S. If the name really bothers you, you could always type in www.megafreestyle.com - that's us as well.

Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:54 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to KENNY GUIDO
welcome to NEW YORK FREESTYLE!
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
In The Freestyle Industry

DOSMusicInc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DOSMusicInc
it's a great idea...but we r gonna hear from the canadians, texans and west coast..lol
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:22 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to KENNY GUIDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOSMusicInc
it's a great idea...but we r gonna hear from the canadians, texans and west coast..lol

all countries are welcome to join in. we support all typs of freestyle. Our focus here is to expose freestyle, new and old to everyone, especially in the new york area.

the most important idea we will have that will also coincide with NEW YORK FREESTYLE is a tv show that will also allow us to showcase new music, as well as classic with many of the events I have filmed over the years.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:23 PM
The Boss
ADMINISTRATOR

Sal Collaziano will become famous soon enoughSal Collaziano will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Sal Collaziano Send a message via AIM to Sal Collaziano Send a message via MSN to Sal Collaziano Send a message via Yahoo to Sal Collaziano
Well.. Did it not all start here? I could have used other domain names but I felt this would be good because - well - I think most of the "happening" stuff is going to be in New York. I don't think any other place has as many people who care as here.. In the event that people are offended by the domain name, they could always type in www.megafreestyle.com - it should work by later today...
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:32 PM

ken, U STILL WORKIN on that show?...lol
yes, i believe the music started in ny. I think the 2 strong points that exist in freestyle today are san jose/west coast and also canada. here in ny, Ktu has 1 show for 2-3 hours on a sunday night ( i dont know if we have one on sat any more)with minimal play here and there. Party 105 has a few sets here n there. but thats all i know of...anyone else know where freestyle is being played (outside of the internet)
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:36 PM
The Boss
ADMINISTRATOR

I thought Party 105.3 was bought and destroyed (no more Freestyle)? I always felt it was a slap in the face from KTU with the Freestyle show being on 12am Sunday.. I mean, how many people are up to listen to that show? Yes, apparently a lot.. Doesn't that mean anything? Hell, people have work early on Monday - and Monday is bad enough without having stayed up all night to hear some good music...
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:44 PM

yea, I heard that as well, but i did hear some freestyle not too long ago, i could be wrong in my time frame...but they at least tried to push freestyle @ the vanderbilt...remember that ken? i thought that was gonna be a success...oh well, but Party 105 did try. how 'bout in fla..any on air action? I am a big fan of florida style breaks, but i dont even hear too much of that on-air when i am down there. In Tampa I have 2 artists and neither want to say the word "freestyle". they r both young girls doing pop-dance.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:55 PM
The Boss
ADMINISTRATOR

When I moved down here almost two years ago, in West Palm Beach, there was Party 93.1 - it sounded just like Hot 103 and Hot 97 because it went to crap. Then, a month or two after I moved here, it moved to a Rock format. The station is still "live" online.. www.party931.com

There's not much going on down here regarding Freestyle.. Miami is a couple of hours away - and that's the only place I hear about any Freestyle..

I understand the Tampa girl's concerns regarding the name "Freestyle". And I understand people tried bringing the sound back under a different name, "Urban Dance"... Pop-Dance sounds fine to me.. If it's Freestyle, it's Freestyle no matter what it's called...
Old January 23rd, 2006, 08:41 PM

FreestylePete is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FreestylePete Send a message via Yahoo to FreestylePete
First of all when that station added Freestyle thats when it lost the most listeners cause instead of playing the hottest new dance music they shrank their currant playlist and added only the old school popular tracks no rare or new school songs. I used to listen to Party 93 online since there inception.