freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > General Discussion > General Discussion - The Lounge

General Discussion - The Lounge Open discussion. Take a moment to introduce yourself.

Freestyle Forums: Why is it called "New York" Freestyle?

Old February 18th, 2006, 08:39 PM

DJ Alex Cruz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DJ Alex Cruz
When I say battle I meant those circles with the dance battles. I think I just passed the roller rink two weeks ago. I told my wife that I wanted to take her there. I can't rollerblade for sh*t, but I'm sure I can still rollerskate. I like West Babylon, theres alot of good italian bakeries on Great Neck Road. By the way I checked out your website, holy sh*t man, you have met alot of people. Where did you meet Angelo Venuto? I used to dj along side him when he was with the Caleps (his old wedding band). I met Safire at my dj company in floral park because one of my friends is her coreographer. I should start coming out with you and bring my camera. I still have my autographs from the 90's when I met them, but no pictures with them.

Old February 18th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to KENNY GUIDO
your welcome to come out with me and the rest of my friends. I work with the artists. Ive been doing so for the past 6 years. I owe much of my success to Nelson Cruz, Legit, Artie, Sal @ Fever, JR and so many more people. Many of the artists are good friends of mine. Angelo I had met going to DNA in Queens. It also happen to be that he is related, by marriage to a good friend of mine as well. But once you start going to these shows, you'll see how wonderful everyone is. are you planning on going to the MSG show? if not, theres a huge copa show coming up in may that I can hook you up with. you cant miss the copa shows....those are the best!
Old February 18th, 2006, 09:00 PM

I should come out to these shows. I've been out of the freestyle loop for years, but I haven't stopped listening to it. When is the MSG show? I never go to these clubs because alot of my friends moved or are not into freestyle, so I never end up going to these things. My club clothes are a little tight now that I got married. I remember Nelson, not in person but from remember when has was FFWD because I used to have his record. Sal is definitely the godfather, I would love to meet him. I wish Fever would come out with an extended versions cd.
Old February 18th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about
I am constantly putting that idea into Sal's head but he hasnt given me a straight up answer. I will bug him some more.

the MSG show is on APRIL 20TH. tickets range anywhere between $40-$100 (its a bit pricey considering you could have seen these same acts last November at the copa for $25). I am probably able to sell these tickets at a discount here. I will have to find out.
Old February 18th, 2006, 09:30 PM

Kenny, definitely keep me posted about the concert. i'll probably buy two tickets. You should have like a New York Freestyle VIP Area or something. I'll make sure I have off the next day from work just in case there's an after party. If I can't buy the tickets from you then just let me know where i can buy them. Can I buy VIP tickets or something, this way I could acutually meet the artists.
Old February 19th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

Ill give you all the details about tickets as I get them. I always take care of my friends!
Old February 19th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Kenny I appreciate the hook up. Anything I can do to help a fellow freestyler let me know. I can give you copies of my personal mixed cd's. I want to work on a new one. Is there some way I can post my mixes on here for you guys to listen and burn on cd.
Old February 19th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

Im trying to get a "listening section" on here but thats Sal's specialty. he's busy with his work and when he can get to it, I will insist he do so. I also want to start a section for mp3 for those of that love file sharing.
Old February 19th, 2006, 05:11 PM

The file sharing is definitely a good idea. Anything I can do to help please let me know wheather it be promoting, djing, posting mixes or mp3, just let me know. Let's keep freestyle alive!
Old February 19th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

every little bit helps. I have to get some cards and bumper stickers made. are there any file sharing sites out there right now, ones that are for free, that is to join?