freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > Freestyle Forums > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Discuss all aspects of Freestyle dance music.

Freestyle Forums: This place is a ghost town

Old October 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM

pow is on a distinguished road
This place is a ghost town

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ghost-town.jpg (57.5 KB, 55 views)

Old October 30th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to KENNY GUIDO
Re: This place is a ghost town

sorry, I cant help it. forums are the fad as they used to be. but if things go as planned, ill be doing alot more for this site and all of music-kind.
Old October 30th, 2009, 08:10 PM

Kid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of light

POW basically said exactly what I've been thinking for the longest. It's not anyone's fault in particular. It's this apathy towards underground music (anything not on TV or chart hit radio) that's to blame for this. It's like that everywhere I go (real life or the internet). No one gives a f*ck about the art of music anymore, not just freestyle, but anything that might meet the definition of a genre. There's only a handful of music stores left and almost all of them are on their last legs (not a good formula for making money). I can deal with the fact that there's no money left in this, what I can't deal with is the total apathy from people regarding music. No one is impressed anymore, no one cares anymore. It's a general sentiment that's so prevalent in society that I'm beginning to feel it myself. Whenever I'm out & about, I have the strangest feeling inside of me as if there's a hole in my soul, as if something is missing. Or better put, I don't recognize anything anymore. As if one was to wake up one day and they don't recognize anyone or anything, even the people & places that they do actually know. And it's not gonna get any better. As if it's a slide that's never gonna end until music sales reach 0. There's major malls out there that don't have a single music store (chain, independent, or mix kiosk)! And the few music stores that are left are totally focused more on DVDs. How did the film industry avoid this fate that has completely destroyed the entire music industry? Who started this file sharing? And why did it not completely consume the film industry?
Old October 30th, 2009, 09:05 PM

pow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
sorry, I cant help it. forums are the fad as they used to be. but if things go as planned, ill be doing alot more for this site and all of music-kind.

It's the people who make the forums.
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:24 AM

ANTI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to ANTI Send a message via AIM to ANTI Send a message via MSN to ANTI Send a message via Yahoo to ANTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Heartbreak View Post
POW basically said exactly what I've been thinking for the longest. It's not anyone's fault in particular. It's this apathy towards underground music (anything not on TV or chart hit radio) that's to blame for this. It's like that everywhere I go (real life or the internet). No one gives a f*ck about the art of music anymore, not just freestyle, but anything that might meet the definition of a genre. There's only a handful of music stores left and almost all of them are on their last legs (not a good formula for making money). I can deal with the fact that there's no money left in this, what I can't deal with is the total apathy from people regarding music. No one is impressed anymore, no one cares anymore. It's a general sentiment that's so prevalent in society that I'm beginning to feel it myself. Whenever I'm out & about, I have the strangest feeling inside of me as if there's a hole in my soul, as if something is missing. Or better put, I don't recognize anything anymore. As if one was to wake up one day and they don't recognize anyone or anything, even the people & places that they do actually know. And it's not gonna get any better. As if it's a slide that's never gonna end until music sales reach 0. There's major malls out there that don't have a single music store (chain, independent, or mix kiosk)! And the few music stores that are left are totally focused more on DVDs. How did the film industry avoid this fate that has completely destroyed the entire music industry? Who started this file sharing? And why did it not completely consume the film industry?
People nowadays are lead by the so called status quo! If you aint apart of it then your an outcast! Just like what freestyle is nowadays! Society has become shallow in the sense that if your not a million dollor person, or a famous person filled with glamor, you aint sh)(t! In this day in age, everything is all material!

People have been fooled into believing that happiness is a material thing, instead of an internal spiritual manifistation! Movies of today, music of today, and people who make money out of de-evolving human beings, have done a great job securing their profits by turning everyone into the're slaves! Programing people into buying only their products, and having everybody workshiping a way of life that destroys your soul as time passes by! Thats the reason for the emptyness that exists today!

Film and DVD sales will never fail because everyone loves popping in a movie into the tube every so often! People go to the movies more often then they go to concerts! There is also a new fad saying it aint cool to buy cds anymore! U gotta sit down and pay attention to watch a movie while you can just dose off to music! Music and film are both of the entertainment industry but the're 2 different things!

I STAY TRUE TO MY FREESTYLE MUSIC!
I SAY : F@CK THE STATUS QUO!

thats why : ANTI!

P.S.

These FreeStyle Forums arent that dead compared to others Ive been in out there! Dont wanna shout non of them out but I gotta say DAWM! And In fact, this is the best FreeStyle Music website in the Internet! Besides myspace, This is where I get all my info FROM! TRUE STORY!

Blessings to all! Freestyle 4 eva! - ANTI !!
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:12 PM

mrderekevan will become famous soon enough

Well, I am not sure I entirely grasp everything that you are saying, but I do agree that record stores are dying and it is kinda sad. I'm not sure the record business is going to die though. Alot of music is still being sold, but much of it is sold through Itunes and other music sites, and many people get their music on the internet without even having to pay for it.
I am one of those people who still gets a certain thrill out of going to a music store, looking for a particular CD, buying it, taking it home, opening it, etc. I also like asking for CD's for Christmas, and then opening them up on Christmas morning. But even I must admit that 75 to 80 percent of the music I buy nowadays is from Itunes, and I admit that it is better in many ways. I do miss the certain thrill of going out to buy an album and physically being able to open it and hold the "real" album in my hands (rather than just a download) but it's certainly saves time, money, and space to just download most of the songs I want. So if people like me (with more of an old-school mentality) are making very few trips to a music store, you can imagine what it will be like in 10 or 15 years, when the younger generations don't even know what a record store is!
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:49 PM

mrderekevan will become famous soon enough

By the way, I also agree that there's a mentality in society that anything that isn't on a major TV or radio station is crap but I've even noticed something else beyond that. It seems that even when people think the music on a major radio station is crap, they'll still listen to that station anyway. It's almost like there's a certain a designated station that everyone must listen to. For example, I was recently working with a college guy and he always insisted on listening to Z-100 while we worked, since it was his favorite station. I don't mind listening to Z-100 but it does get boring after a while. He didn't want to listen to anything else except Z-100 so we kept it on all day. However, he complained about every song and artist that was played! After every song that came on, he would say that the song sucked or that he can't stand that particular artist. So I asked him why he loves Z-100 so much if he doesn't seem to like most of what they play. He just said that they play some good stuff every now and then. I remember when I listened to the old HOT 97 and I'd like about 85% of what they played!
Old November 9th, 2009, 04:22 AM

CPR Jose Ortiz is just really niceCPR Jose Ortiz is just really niceCPR Jose Ortiz is just really niceCPR Jose Ortiz is just really nice

During this time of year all site traffic goes down.

Putting that aside; How many times do we have to beat the same topics in the head only to get the same results?

After a while, why even bother!