freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > General Discussion > The Beginning - The Suggestion Box

The Beginning - The Suggestion Box Discuss our birth and evolution - where do we go from here? YOU play a large part in regards to decisions...

Freestyle Forums: Freestyle Radio Forum

Old June 4th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Ted will become famous soon enough
Re: Freestyle Radio Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoq View Post
In all honesty - what terrestrial radio stations actively support Freestyle now-a-days? How sickening is going to be when you see a countless number of threads with people getting hard-on because their local station played "Spring Love" by Stevie B. for the millionth time.

What kind of support does Freestyle get from satellite radio?

One the artists I'm currently working with (Pica) was on the internet station TomaRadio last night. I had never heard of it before, but they played a nice selection of Freestyle before and after the interview. Internet stations seem to be the only place Freestyle fans can turn to.
I agree, it seem like most Terrestrial Radio station may give the impression of support, but within a few months they completely change the format. I honestly believe it is the internet stations that keep it going and provide the true support.

We run our own stations and actively have over 27,000 listening hours. totaling hundreds of dedicated listeners With almost 1 1/2 Million hits each month. In most cases we even have more hrs than the Hip Hop and Rock stations. So I believe there is an audience you just have to give them what they want and stop changing the format.

Old June 5th, 2007, 08:07 AM
CPR Jose Ortiz

Thats my man throwing down!

Old October 5th, 2007, 06:26 PM

dave76 is on a distinguished road

I know it's an old topic but it would be nice if XM which I have or sirius would add a station dedicated to just freestyle music from the early 80s all the way up till now. They have every hip hop station available. My set is always tuned to either BPM or the System. Did I mention I love Trance music too?
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:58 AM
The Boss
ADMINISTRATOR

Sal Collaziano will become famous soon enoughSal Collaziano will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Sal Collaziano Send a message via AIM to Sal Collaziano Send a message via MSN to Sal Collaziano Send a message via Yahoo to Sal Collaziano

I hear ya.. Have you ever listened to the stations we have available right here?
Old December 2nd, 2007, 03:19 PM

JONPITO will become famous soon enough

We have had the first 24/7 freestyle radio station on the web via freestylemusic.com for many many many years. The growing following over the years is crazy, not just from "freesyle" fans. We always pushed new freestyle as well; from all regions. The web, at the moment, is the blood line support for Freestyle music. but we do also need satellite and Local FM support.

We had a weekly show on the web every week, but now have a weekly Saturday Night prime time show every week on a FM an HD radio station in Miami Florida. It covers 90% of Miami dade county and the Florida Keys. Also on the web.

Yeah, there are other stations in Miami that play the typical regular mainstream freestyle. However most shows or formats in Miami radio cater their shows or market their shows as "flashbacks" o classic formats targeting the older generations.

We market and cater to both generations earlier in the night and strictly to the young generation later on in the night. But over all market the show as CURRENT. But we are the only ones in the city of Miami on a LEGAL legit Commercial FM and HD radio station (even if it is in mostly Spanish) that plays all the classics, but also plays lots of Underground classics from Miami and NewYork that will make the purist and collectors blush.

We also play the new stuff from artist like Serenity, Jennifer Glass, Elissa, Vanessa Conde, Ashley, One Voice, MG, Miles Petty, Joe zangie, Nina Martinez, etc and introduce those records to Miami's BI lingual market.
We also play other types of music that show the evolution or relation to Freestyle music. Of coure we play House and Electro house to gain the attention from the mainstream club community, but they do tune in!

at times while on the air we do forget that we are on a FM radio station covering Miami and the keys and we just Go off, but then again that is a good thing.

we go Saturday nights from 8pm - 12 midnight on Exito 105.5 FM in Miami

we also have a page on myspace

www.myspace.com/mastermixsaturday

for those who want to add us!

you can listen live from our myspace page or the radio stations website www.myradioexito.com
Miami
CEO, Exec Producer LOF Legends of Freestyle I Radio & I-TV
VP; Freestylemusic dot com
FREESTYLE MUSIC INDUSTRY MOGUL
www.myspace.com/JONPITO
www.facebook.com/JONPITO
www.twitter.com/JONPITO
www.wordpress.com/JONPITO