freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > Freestyle Forums > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Discuss all aspects of Freestyle dance music.

Freestyle Forums: organization of freestyle

Old October 26th, 2009, 02:17 AM

ANTI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to ANTI Send a message via AIM to ANTI Send a message via MSN to ANTI Send a message via Yahoo to ANTI
Thumbs up Re: organization of freestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Freestyle music sucks leave it alone it' so freaking tacky.
You are right SIR! Thats why there are some of us who are trying to revolutionize FreeStyle Music! Not just for the music itself but for fans like you, who desire better music in this genre! I say this though, freestyle music is in my blood/viens being pumped through out my whole entire body by the life force of my heart!

Saying that I wish to get the point out across that new generations will always adopt to this sound! It just needs to go the right way from now on! Negative drama aint good, UNITY is good and its the tool that will down/flash light to the right path for freestyle to go!

- ANTI !!

Old January 6th, 2010, 04:22 AM

ANTI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to ANTI Send a message via AIM to ANTI Send a message via MSN to ANTI Send a message via Yahoo to ANTI
Talking Re: organization of freestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTI View Post
This is my contribution to FreeStyle Music!
Hello everybody! FreeStyle Music is my passion! I produce it with all the love in my FREESTYLE HEART! Therefor I invite you to take a listen to my work on my myspace page!
I hope Im not offending any of the administrators by reffering people to another site! And if I am Im totally sorry please forgive me! I just feel that I can contribute to the music that we all love and hold deep inside ourselfs!
MYSPACE.COM/FREESTYLEMUSICBEATS
Anybody interested just hit me up !
Peace and GodBless!
- ANTI !!
P.S.
Yes kenny da time is now for a new sound in freestyle! It could be done if the right people are given da chance to do so! Artistick manifistation and Musical evolution is THE KEY !!!
Sorry people change of page!

http://www.myspace.com/antielbajapanti
Old June 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM

Adeptus is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: organization of freestyle

You want change? Start producing new artists.. Make Quality Tracks..

The product speaks for itself.. If the songs are good, people will go crazy for it..

Freestyle 4 Ever
Old June 6th, 2011, 01:47 PM

Kid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of light
Re: organization of freestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by taezee View Post
ummmm my prediction is.. we will find osama bin laden before youre meeting actually manifest either that or we will be driving hovercraft cars like the jetsons before an actual meeting takes place..
We did find Bin Laden but no "freestyle meeting" ever took place (at least not that I know about).
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:18 AM

Cesar is on a distinguished road

First I wonder what has become of this thread. Asking because I am contributing now 2011 and its an old discussion.

To my perspective, freestyle needs more ingredients than just make good music, new look. It needs fans. Loyal ones at that. Freestyle also needs special events. New and exciting events that is just more than enjoying freestyle but enjoying freestyle with freestyle fans and artist. Yes we need the artist to also step up and defend their genre and make things happen as well.

I am an event planner who is consistently hired to organize all kinds of events from concerts, seminars, reunions, corporate & private functions, etc... My point is that I would love to put a special freestyle event together but I wonder what my risk level will be for my investment. If i believe that I can break even I would put together an all inclusive weekend event that will go down in history.

I did the research and my challenge was that artist are still asking for thousands of dollars, which made it extremely difficult to maintain a budget.

My bottom-line point is for freestyle to make a come back everyone from artist to fans to promoters need to become activist to make it happen and any true activist understand the meaning of compromise and sacrifice.

The ingredients to a successful freestyle comeback is:

* A teaspoon of Luck
* A teaspoon of loyalty
* A teaspoon Passion
* 2 cups of willing artist to perform & reinvigorate the fans
* 10 cups of Fans willing to show their appreciation to the artist by purchasing and not pirating freestyle music.
* 2 cups of event coordinators and/or promoters

Anybody want to add anything or thoughts....

Cesar
Old June 15th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Kid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of light

Young people have to embrace it amongst themselves, not just enjoy listening to it when their parents or older siblings are playing it around them. People from the younger generations have to create it and everything that would go along with it (dancers, djs, crews, etc.). That's the only way that it will be a part of the program at young people functions. Young peeps must view the music as "cool" and "hip" again, not just as the oldies that their parents listen to. I notice that there are a lot of young people (under 25) that are "closet freestyle fans", basically meaning that they like the stuff but only like listening to it by themselves out of fear of being criticized by their peers as it's not the trendy thing to do.

This is now a total teardown, rebuild. Too much time has elapsed since the last time freestyle was "cool" and "now" amongst party people. In the entertainment industry, one can't keep the "face of something" the exact same for too long, certainly not this long.
Old June 18th, 2011, 05:44 AM

Location: Madrid (Spain), formely Knight Time (NYC freestyle A&M/Vendetta Records recording artists)
New Aristocrats is on a distinguished road

Freestyle Music Lovers,

Freestyle is back for a new generation.

If you like freestyle music, then you should definately see the new contemporary Freestyle remake of "Two Of Hearts" by the New Aristocrats.
You can easily find their new music video on YouTube or MySpace.

The New Aristocrats wish to bring Freestyle music to a new generation. For this reason, and to make the term stick, they ended their remake of "Two Of Hearts" with the exclamation "That's freestyle, baby"!

A big 2of<3s to all you lovers of Freestyle music!

Freestyle forever! :-)

Maria
Edit/Delete Message
Old August 25th, 2011, 03:27 AM

Location: Madrid (Spain), formely Knight Time (NYC freestyle A&M/Vendetta Records recording artists)
New Aristocrats is on a distinguished road

The 2011 freestyle remake of "Two Of Hearts" by the New Aristocrats is now availbale as a FREE MP3 download on their Facebook fanpage at
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Please enjoy! ;-)
Forever Freestyle,
Maria
Old November 2nd, 2011, 04:49 PM

Nich240 is on a distinguished road

I don't Ike to get involved in this kind of stuff, but as a big freestyle fan, I wanted to point out a few things.
Throughout the 90s, until the mid 2000s, I went to plenty of freestyle shows in the NJ/NYC area. I always looked forward to these shows, but as I went to more and more, I started getting bored.
The biggest problem that I have is the lip-syncing. Nobody here discusses it, but why would I go to a live show to hear someone lip-sync. I want a live show. Its great with a backup band playing. Who do we think were fooling when artists like Noel and Soave sound like they are 17?
Secondly, I hear the same songs at the shows over and over again. Why can't Coro sing "Stand By Your Lover" or "Do Unto Me"? How about if Cynthia throws in a rare track? We all know she has plenty of good songs?
Third, let's discuss the clubs they perform at. Rarely will somebody tell you what time an artist will perform. If they do, the artist won't come on stage until an hour after I'm told. I don't want to waste me time waiting for a show. Also, the club will usually play music other than freestyle. Why would I pay for a freestyle show and want to hear something else in the club? Also these acts perform so late. I want to hear Freesetyle and get home at a reasonable time. Most of us are around 40-45, and don't want to be up all night. Those days are long gone.
I also hear a lot about artists getting paid. Let's put things in perspective. It's not 1990, and these songs are 20 years old. It would be great to have a new album, I mean group of songs since there are no albums, that need to be sold on iTunes, or some website. That's how to make money.
These are just a free problems I see with Freestye. Your thoughts?
Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:49 PM

As far as the clubs dragging on the actual performances, many times the clubs view it as most of the people in attendance will leave right after the show and clubs make a lot of money off alcohol sales.

Often times, there will be people in attendance who aren't there for freestyle in particular (many of these are clubs that have a regular crowd as it is--just that night a freestyle artist happens to be performing). That might explain the non-freestyle music on freestyle night.

Freestyle shows at clubs usually have anything from peeps in their young 20s to late 40s and beyond in attendance so it's catering to peeps who want to get drunk and party, not go home early. Often times, half the crowd isn't even paying attention to the performance(s). That's why theatre/arena shows are better (everyone there is there for the performances).

And of course, the biggest problem is that the music and/or artists need to be updated in some aspect. If it has to be the same performers it's been this entire time for the last few decades, then they should have some new songs that cater to the crowds they are performing for. But keeping it totally real, the problem is that there's nothing new (new artists) as to make something new actually work out would be difficult and for the most part, all that's left here in the freestyle game is peeps looking to juice whatever they can still from an era where things were more innovative, fresh, and original--and promoters were looking to run their productions as "going concerns" and it was about building upwards rather than the salvage operation things have been for a while now.

Last edited by Kid Heartbreak; November 3rd, 2011 at 08:08 PM.