freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > Freestyle Forums > Party 105's DJ Impact (Back In The Day Buffet)

Party 105's DJ Impact (Back In The Day Buffet) This forum is for DJ Impact to do whatever he wants to do with it. He may also change the name. :)


Freestyle Forums: Can any DJ clarify this for me?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old April 15th, 2008, 09:35 PM
brielle87's Avatar
brielle87 brielle87 is offline
FREESTYLE ARTIST
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New England
Age: 51
Posts: 203
Rep Power: 11
brielle87 will become famous soon enough
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Good luck with all you do, you seem like a rather nice person. Take care
__________________
"You became a part of me, you became a part of me."
Black Pearl-Don't turn away 1987, Miami
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old April 16th, 2008, 11:13 AM
BloomfieldAveCruiser's Avatar
BloomfieldAveCruiser BloomfieldAveCruiser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North East New Jersey
Posts: 799
Rep Power: 14
BloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really nice
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrderekevan View Post
Thanks very much for all the input and advice! (Except for the guy who told me to turn in my "cheap tux" and become of fisherman). For now I plan on continuing to do things the way I'm doing them now, while also continuing to learn more about "mixing", "matching BPM's", etc, so I can eventually take other types of jobs that I don't currently do.
Just for the record, I rarely entertain at nightclubs or places that get alot of dancers. I do alot of birthday parties, restaurants, corporate events, cocktail hours, retirement homes, car shows, backyard barbecues, active adult centers, and anniversary parties. At most of these events, people have a great time and enjoy the music, but they are mainly just there to talk, eat, and drink! They have almost no interest in dancing, even though we try to encourage them to dance. The music is just backround to them, and they could care less about how (or if) songs are mixed. Most of the time they are too busy talking to even know what songs are playing or what I'm saying in the microphone. The event planners and I are lucky if we can get 7 or 8 people out on the dance floor the whole night, and that's after hours of trying many different genres of music. I guess the people these days who really want to dance just go to the nightclubs. That's where DJ's like YOU guys can do your thing!
Your current method seems perfect for the party environments you entertain.
Heck , depending on the situation , many many people would prefer that DJ's don't mix. Many of these people never liked that type of thing to begin with.
Some would probably prefer if you just played Rock music ....
I wouldn'y worry to much about it ....

However once you learn how to put beats together , it can be a lot of fun ...
Its addicting and temps your own curiosity as what you can come up with next .... Well , this is assuming your own preference in music is the type that you can mix. If you don't personally like the music , there won't be much of a drive to create new mixes etc.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 26th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Mr. X Mr. X is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 56
Rep Power: 0
Mr. X will become famous soon enoughMr. X will become famous soon enough
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Personally, I think DJing is the weakest talent there is. Those who can't act, sing, dance, or even talk professionally, go the route of DJing. I don't understand why people who "DJ" think of it as so professional and spritual, as if there is a essence behind it. I also don't see the big deal about people who use CD mixing equipment? Half the time people could care less what creativity you put in a mix, as long as the flow of the music is still there. Furthermore, the whole BPMs method is stupid, as if that's the only way to jump from one song to another. Personally, I think having a good music selection is ten times more important than anything else.

I got a huge freestyle collection consisting of almost 3000 songs. I could of always been a DJ myself, but I rather have people take me seriously.

Last edited by Mr. X; April 26th, 2008 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 26th, 2008, 01:24 PM
DJ IMPACT DJ IMPACT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 0
DJ IMPACT is on a distinguished road
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

So I'm supposed to take an asshole who got nothing better to do with his life than go online with a superiority complex and talk shit seriously? You are without a doubt the most pathetic type of person because you need to justify your own pathetic existence by making outrageous comments and rude remarks. Furthermore you do it online because you know you don't have to worry about someone cramming your words down your throat. What's the matter? Mommy didn't give you enough attention growing up? Do you need a hug? I usually choose to ignore losers such as yourself but I guess you caught me on a good day so as someone who can sing, can act and can dance and I do get paid to talk professionally both on the radio and at parties and events, I think I'm justified in saying you can take your 3000 Freestyle songs and shove them up your ass!

P.S. Do us both a favor, unless your willing to supply an address where we can continue this conversation face to face, don't even respond. I don't have time to go back and fourth with an internet idiot. I'm too busy getting paid to DJ. Maybe I'll see you at the drive-thru window. I hope you don't spit on my fries.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Mr. X Mr. X is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 56
Rep Power: 0
Mr. X will become famous soon enoughMr. X will become famous soon enough
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ IMPACT View Post
So I'm supposed to take an asshole who got nothing better to do with his life than go online with a superiority complex and talk shit seriously? You are without a doubt the most pathetic type of person because you need to justify your own pathetic existence by making outrageous comments and rude remarks. Furthermore you do it online because you know you don't have to worry about someone cramming your words down your throat. What's the matter? Mommy didn't give you enough attention growing up? Do you need a hug? I usually choose to ignore losers such as yourself but I guess you caught me on a good day so as someone who can sing, can act and can dance and I do get paid to talk professionally both on the radio and at parties and events, I think I'm justified in saying you can take your 3000 Freestyle songs and shove them up your ass!
P.S. Do us both a favor, unless your willing to supply an address where we can continue this conversation face to face, don't even respond. I don't have time to go back and fourth with an internet idiot. I'm too busy getting paid to DJ. Maybe I'll see you at the drive-thru window. I hope you don't spit on my fries.
LOL... Drive-thru window


First, Unlike yourself I have a Masters Degree in Communications.

Second, You can't sing or act, so lets be real about that.

Third, you're nothing more than a DJ with no college degree, acting tough with threats, trying to pick a fight, and who will get arrested by cops for not thinking with your head. I can see your fans love the way you handle yourself lol.

And fourth, My mommy loved me a lot and hugged me all the time growing up. And I know she loved me because she made sure I wasn't raised in the projects and around thugs like you were.

But hey, I would really like to meet you one day and say what I have to say to your face... that way your ass will be in jail for assault and I'll make sure you stay there.

Last edited by Mr. X; April 26th, 2008 at 01:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 27th, 2008, 11:38 AM
DJ IMPACT DJ IMPACT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 0
DJ IMPACT is on a distinguished road
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Like I said before, I don't go back and fourth with internet idiots. This will be my last response. There are plenty of Freestyle events coming up. Pick one, I'll be there and we can continue this conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:24 PM
BloomfieldAveCruiser's Avatar
BloomfieldAveCruiser BloomfieldAveCruiser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North East New Jersey
Posts: 799
Rep Power: 14
BloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really nice
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
LOL... Drive-thru window
First, Unlike yourself I have a Masters Degree in Communications.
Second, You can't sing or act, so lets be real about that.
Third, you're nothing more than a DJ with no college degree, acting tough with threats, trying to pick a fight, and who will get arrested by cops for not thinking with your head. I can see your fans love the way you handle yourself lol.
And fourth, My mommy loved me a lot and hugged me all the time growing up. And I know she loved me because she made sure I wasn't raised in the projects and around thugs like you were.
But hey, I would really like to meet you one day and say what I have to say to your face... that way your ass will be in jail for assault and I'll make sure you stay there.
Bro , what the fuck crawled up your ass ???

First off , if you new anything about DJ'ing or MIXING , you would know it takes more talent to keep 3 tables on beat then it does to play an instrument !!!!

I'm not going to even touch the education portion.
I only have one thing to say , anyone who thinks degrees etc. make them better , smarter , or are likely to have more future potential really doesn't know to much about the real world.
I prove this everyday. A Masters in communication ? Hmm , so you would be my little worker boy .... Nice !

DJ'ing is a weak talent yet you can't do it .... LOL
Maybe if you taped your degree on the underside of the equipment , it will somehow work itself .... And no , you could have never have been or never will be a DJ. Downloading songs from the internet does not make you a possible DJ .... LMFAO ...

What you said to Impact regarding education and the assault charge comment makes me sick to my stomach.
People who speak like that are a real problem with this world.
You disrespect a mans proffesion , his job , his way of life , and then threaten an assault charge .... Like you are somehow right and he is wrong. Get a fuckin grip ...
Stop acting like a fuckin bitch and grow up. Be a man ... Only a complete bitch would say something like that. One day when your Masters can't help you , you will have to be a man ... It doesn't appear that you will past that test with your current mentality ...
You are young and not nearly as right on ANY subject as you think you are....

Last edited by BloomfieldAveCruiser; April 28th, 2008 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM
FreestyleSFinest's Avatar
FreestyleSFinest FreestyleSFinest is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ON MY TURNTABLES
Posts: 56
Rep Power: 13
FreestyleSFinest is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FreestyleSFinest
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

lmaooooooooooooo wow...all types of music have BPM's man!
__________________
MY SON DON'T PLAY WHEN THE 12"S SPIN
Www.myspace.com/freestylesfinest
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old April 28th, 2008, 11:10 PM
DJ IMPACT DJ IMPACT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 0
DJ IMPACT is on a distinguished road
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

In all fairness, any old school DJ will know about BPM's for the simple fact that we spent endless hours with our stopwatches and our sticker labels going through our collections. We had too many records and needed some way to organize our crates and get to that next record as fast as possible. The newer DJ's might not be able to relate to this because when DJ's started using CD's it became a lot easier to keep the music organized and it also became easier to put sets together. Serato made this even easier than ever. I have come across a few DJ's who do not go by BPM and I can't knock another man's technique. I do find that it is usually newer DJ's and again, I'm not saying that as a bad thing. What I will say is this, I have been DJing more years than I care to admit and I still consider it a learning process. You can always learn something new from the next man. So if you see a bunch of DJ's talking about BPM's and how much it helps their techniques and their sets, it definitely is something you should look into and at least try. I would suggest going to MIXMEISTER.COM and downloading their free BPM analyzer. Thank god we don't have to use those damn stopwatches anymore! lol

P.S. Shout out to BloomfieldAveCruiser and you had me rolling with "My little worker boy" but let's take my brother's advice and ignore the negativity and move on to some more mature and positive discussions. I regret letting myself get pulled into the "Internet Beef" BS. On that note: my new mixtape "I'LL HOUSE YOU Vol. 2" will be out soon and you know I'm gonna be hooking some of my NEWYORKFREESTYLERS up!

Last edited by DJ IMPACT; April 28th, 2008 at 11:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old April 29th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Mr. X Mr. X is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 56
Rep Power: 0
Mr. X will become famous soon enoughMr. X will become famous soon enough
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

"What crawled up my ass?"... what does my ass have to do with anything? I think that's a lame attempt at a insult. I really don't see why morons always resort to that bullshit joke.

"education doesn't matter"? It's funny how people like you who don't go to college to better themselves would think that.
"You could be my little worker boy"? ... wow, I never heard a stupid line like that before. Seriously, that was a really bad joke. Work on your material ok lol. Last time I checked I was the program director for a talk station a few years back and now I'm a executive... and how did I get that? With help from my masters degree? Do you honestly think a DJ background will get you a position like that? Please... don't be a dick... it's dicks like you who don't know about the real world. If you want to get far in life and work in executive and high management positions, you need a high degree. All forms of talent have professionals who are behind the scenes conducting business while they perform on stage. lol little worker boy... you must be some idiot who was raised in the project thinking he is educated with his "street smarts."

DJing is a weak talent. Why would I want to be a DJ struggling to get gigs? Sorry but I could care less about mixing other people's songs, and trying to get the crowd's attention. There's no real money in DJing, never was.

"Downloading songs from the internet" ok... I don't know where they came up. I like how people like you make assumptions and try to make themselves look smart in the process. I don't recall me saying I download songs from the internet? Last time I checked I was buying freestyle albums, compilations, everywhere from anyone I could since High School. Like I said I could care less about being a DJ and never said I wanted to be one. And yes, I don't give a fuck if I could never be a DJ either. I don't see myself telling the crowd, "throw your hands in the air", "let me hear you scream", "does anyone have any requests", and more. I have more dignity than that.

And you're damn right I threw in the assault charge. Why shouldn't I? I'm sorry if I don't believe in fighting someone just to prove my manhood. People don't realize in this world, you can't just pick a fight and get away with it. Thinking stupid things like that will obviously get you in jail. I guess you didn't see how IMPACT threaten me before I gave him my warning. Oh but right that doesn't make me a man, huh? From your point of view, a man should fight every guy who tells him what he doesn't like to hear. Seriously, you must be a fuckin' ape who doesn't think with his head if you think fighting solves anything. Maybe you should be the one in jail instead of IMPACT. Maybe getting ass rape a few times by your cell mate will help you learn to think with your head first.

"You're not nearly as right as you think you are?" I never said I was nor did I ever say I wasn't. Am I really suppose to listen to an idiot like you who doesn't think with his head? An idiot who thinks fighting solves everything?
I don't know what you're definition of being a "man" is. I think you need to go back to the projects, the ghetto, or whatever poor neighborhood you were raised in. Obviously the only real life you know about is the streets.

And that goes for everyone who thinks having a degree means nothing in the real world. Millions and millions of people, young, old, single parents, those with disabilities, go to college everyday looking to educate themselves more and become respected professionals. A degree still means a lot today and parents are always proud when their children achieve this in life.

Those who think a degree isn't important, are people whose parents or grandparents should of never came to this country to begin with. Your families came here for a reason, and your parents send you to school for a reason. But hey, if you just want to be some fat DJ, struggling to get work, mixing other people's songs that you didn't produce yourself, and selling yourself to the crowds, then by all means go ahead. You don't even need any high school education to do that.


And with that I made my point. If anyone wants to get the last word, go ahead. Obviously, BloomfieldCruiser is going to say something since he doesn't think with his head, and he'll find any way to insult me to make himself look good.





Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomfieldAveCruiser View Post
Bro , what the fuck crawled up your ass ???
First off , if you new anything about DJ'ing or MIXING , you would know it takes more talent to keep 3 tables on beat then it does to play an instrument !!!!
I'm not going to even touch the education portion.
I only have one thing to say , anyone who thinks degrees etc. make them better , smarter , or are likely to have more future potential really doesn't know to much about the real world.
I prove this everyday. A Masters in communication ? Hmm , so you would be my little worker boy .... Nice !
DJ'ing is a weak talent yet you can't do it .... LOL
Maybe if you taped your degree on the underside of the equipment , it will somehow work itself .... And no , you could have never have been or never will be a DJ. Downloading songs from the internet does not make you a possible DJ .... LMFAO ...
What you said to Impact regarding education and the assault charge comment makes me sick to my stomach.
People who speak like that are a real problem with this world.
You disrespect a mans proffesion , his job , his way of life , and then threaten an assault charge .... Like you are somehow right and he is wrong. Get a fuckin grip ...
Stop acting like a fuckin bitch and grow up. Be a man ... Only a complete bitch would say something like that. One day when your Masters can't help you , you will have to be a man ... It doesn't appear that you will past that test with your current mentality ...
You are young and not nearly as right on ANY subject as you think you are....

Last edited by Mr. X; April 29th, 2008 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
[Output: 89.11 Kb. compressed to 82.42 Kb. by saving 6.69 Kb. (7.51%)]