freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > Freestyle Forums > Party 105's DJ Impact (Back In The Day Buffet)

Party 105's DJ Impact (Back In The Day Buffet) This forum is for DJ Impact to do whatever he wants to do with it. He may also change the name. :)

Freestyle Forums: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Old April 29th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to KENNY GUIDO
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Mr X, if you continue to act this way to other members and the staff of NYF, I will be forced to suspend you. this is your first and only warning. we wont stand for any of this negativity & insults here.

Old April 29th, 2008, 11:30 AM

BloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
Mr X, if you continue to act this way to other members and the staff of NYF, I will be forced to suspend you. this is your first and only warning. we wont stand for any of this negativity & insults here.
True Kenny ....
Mr. X comes into "DJ Impact's" forum and purposely starts insults. He was well aware that this is Impacts little part of the forum and he is also well aware that there are many DJ's on this website ...
It's obvious what his intentions were/are .....

I didn't bother to read his last reply ... I couldn't care less what it stated.
I only have one last comment for Mr.X ....

Old April 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM

DJ IMPACT is on a distinguished road

Oh man we gotta get that printed up on T-Shirts! lol
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:02 AM

DJ Coast is on a distinguished road

Beatmatching is one of the most important things a dj must learn when it comes to mixing dance music. You must also learn each and every one of your tracks and learn the breaks and how to time them so that the transition is smooth. For me the #1 rule of deejaying is knowing your records. You never want to suddenly end one song and go right into the next. I suggest buying yourself a used pair of 1200's and learning the old fashioned way, it will make you a better dj.. Good luck, its awesome that your into it whether its cd's or lp's. As long as you do it for the love, there is no greater rush than having a couple of hundred people dancing to your finger tips, then coming up to you later and thanking you for giving them a wonderful night and bringing back memories...old school is where its at, it will always sell and it will never die.

...djc.

Last edited by DJ Coast; May 6th, 2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Personally, I think DJing is the weakest talent there is. Those who can't act, sing, dance, or even talk professionally, go the route of DJing. I don't understand why people who "DJ" think of it as so professional and spritual, as if there is a essence behind it. I also don't see the big deal about people who use CD mixing equipment? Half the time people could care less what creativity you put in a mix, as long as the flow of the music is still there. Furthermore, the whole BPMs method is stupid, as if that's the only way to jump from one song to another. Personally, I think having a good music selection is ten times more important than anything else.
I got a huge freestyle collection consisting of almost 3000 songs. I could of always been a DJ myself, but I rather have people take me seriously.
How could you say that, WOW.......totally uncalled for

Its all about the transition, I can't stand going from one song to the next, it has to be smooth, its seriously hard to master the art of beatmatching, it takes years of practice just to get any good, its a true talent...
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:26 AM

I wanted to add, yesterday i was listening to one of my first mix tapes before I could beatmatch.... What I did is for a whole week after many hours of studying the tracks on the set I would memorize the breaks and certain spaces in songs, I would then time the next song and the transition would be pretty good. I then learned how to beatmatch and let me tell you it is whole lot more fun and it sounds so much better once you get it down. I also spin progressive house and I used to spin trance, blending records together for a few minutes, its the only way to go. For weddings and them kind of gigs, it may not matter, but if you have the dancefloor packed playing dance music, you don't want to loose the crowd, my #1 goal was to keep everyone moving. If I saw a few people start to leave the floor, I would break out a big track to keep them going. The biggest compliment to a dj is when the whole place is moving....djc.
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:40 AM

I always wanted to try 3 tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomfieldAveCruiser View Post
First off , if you new anything about DJ'ing or MIXING , you would know it takes more talent to keep 3 tables on beat then it does to play an instrument !!!! ...
You got that right. Man I would love to try 3 turntables at once, now that takes some serious talent. Is that how they made alot of them promo "mix" records back in the day? I used to call them "piss break" records. If I had to run to the bathroom, or something I would throw one of them records on, they were usually 10-15 minutes long and had a bunch of tracks in one long continous mix... i have around 20 "Dj Only" records like that...remember the double A, B, C, ect,, and the mixmaster ones....lol...I have one with the "roof is one fire" mixed out of some freestyle, pretty sick. shit right there...

I got one for ya's, who can finsh this lyric: "Freeze, I'm Al baker............................................. .....................................?
Old July 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM

prizmo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrderekevan View Post
Well guys, thanks for the input and your honest feedback. I did understand some of what you were saying, and I will keep it in mind. Some of what you said confused me even more! I mean, I just had no clue what you were talking about at some points.
I'm not going to worry too much about it though. I may not be a "real DJ" based on the standards of DJ's in the dance music community, but my bookings have actually tripled in the last couple of years, and I'm making alot of extra money working in the entertainment business. I even did a job this summer in which 2 people told me I was the best DJ they've ever heard at a party! That really meant alot to me. If I can continue doing what I'm doing, and keep getting paid good money for it, why should I let the complaints of a few DJ's at a party get me upset. People can call me an "amateur", or a "fake DJ", but I take my work very seriously and I am having alot of success with it. I also started my own entertainment business, and I am slowly expanding into new areas. Of course, I am also going to be promoting concerts as I have done in the past.

popularity, fame and money does not make u a good dj. And for the record, u can mix oldies, rock and disco quite well. Its actually harder to mix than house, hiphop, etc because the old joints were not computer generated but created by live bands that tend to sway in pitch. Bottom line, if you cared enough to ask, you should take what everyone says here seriously. Seems like most people are not trying to bash you (as you asked politely) but rather shed some light on subject. It is a lil crazy to hear you don't even have an idea of what we are talking bout tho. Do yourself a favor... Do some research online. Look into dj instructional programs at various schools / institutions across the country. Or just do it like most of us did --- find someone who you know willing to show you the ropes and spend a lot of time in the lab perfecting your craft. Regardless of the amount of volume you make as a mobile dj, learning how to dj as opposed to being a human jukebox will greatly increase your biz, as well as give you a whole new perspective on music and life... Trust, this is not a dis, but hey you asked in the first place.
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:07 PM

Mixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really nice

Mr. X..

I do not understand the hate here...I am a DJ, former NAVY officer, 20 year Wall Streeter, Chairman of a publicly traded biotechnology company, have a degree and I am the CEO of a television and radio media firm.

I guess I must be a loser by your definition too?..oh well.
#1 Arbitron Rated Radio DJ
#1 Dance Mix Show in NYC History
MIX 102.7FM - NYC

www.DJtonyrocca.com
www.youtube.com/amrjr007[/YOUTUBE]
Facebook Fanpage with mix sets for you to enjoy:
http://www.facebook.com/DJTONYROCCA?...9091300?ref=mf
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Mixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizmo View Post
popularity, fame and money does not make u a good dj. And for the record, u can mix oldies, rock and disco quite well. Its actually harder to mix than house, hiphop, etc because the old joints were not computer generated but created by live bands that tend to sway in pitch. Bottom line, if you cared enough to ask, you should take what everyone says here seriously. Seems like most people are not trying to bash you (as you asked politely) but rather shed some light on subject. It is a lil crazy to hear you don't even have an idea of what we are talking bout tho. Do yourself a favor... Do some research online. Look into dj instructional programs at various schools / institutions across the country. Or just do it like most of us did --- find someone who you know willing to show you the ropes and spend a lot of time in the lab perfecting your craft. Regardless of the amount of volume you make as a mobile dj, learning how to dj as opposed to being a human jukebox will greatly increase your biz, as well as give you a whole new perspective on music and life... Trust, this is not a dis, but hey you asked in the first place.

It is very easy to mix 50,60's and 70's rock and the light..just need to understand how music works. Besides most of the tracks in those years have cold endings, and are therefore not meant to be "mixed" for argument sake.

BUT the real definition of BPM is really simple, it is the tempo of a particular piece of music..simple as that, any musician will know that but I guess not every DJ. No big deal..life is good.
#1 Arbitron Rated Radio DJ
#1 Dance Mix Show in NYC History
MIX 102.7FM - NYC

www.DJtonyrocca.com
www.youtube.com/amrjr007[/YOUTUBE]
Facebook Fanpage with mix sets for you to enjoy:
http://www.facebook.com/DJTONYROCCA?...9091300?ref=mf