freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > Freestyle Forums > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Discuss all aspects of Freestyle dance music.

Freestyle Forums: GOOD BYE Pulse 87!!! HELLO PARTY FM!

Old October 30th, 2009, 11:34 AM

concord93 will become famous soon enough
Re: Pulse 87!!!

Signing off air @ 5PM

Guess I'll be listening to Original Hot 97!

Last edited by concord93; October 30th, 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Old October 30th, 2009, 12:22 PM

MARLON will become famous soon enough

So sad. Pulse was my favorite station.I will miss getting up in the mornings and blasting pulse while I got ready for work....So many great new dance tracks I discovered on there......I still got my online dance station DIGITAL BOOMBOX though on www.live365.com. Check it out...
Old October 31st, 2009, 08:20 AM

Metro NY Dance Radio Coal has a spectacular aura aboutMetro NY Dance Radio Coal has a spectacular aura about

Well...good news here!!!!

GET READY TO PARTY!!!!!!

Okay, now I know a lot of you in here "realllly LOVED" Pulse 87. And when the station got off the air at 5PM on October 30th, many of you were probably high-fiving and stomping Pulse 87 logos.

Well...come November 2nd at 6AM. GET READY TO PARTY!!!!

Party 87.7

(yep...the Same Party 105 in Long Island is coming out to 87.7)

FMQB Dance Charts....Scroll down to the bottom
Check out the latest club/artist happenings for the weekend on - http://twitter.com/NYDanceMusic
New Music Spotlight (Sundays at 6PM /Eastern - US with a rebroadcast Fridays at 4PM/Eastern - US) on http://www.partyradiousa.net/
Old October 31st, 2009, 08:26 AM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to KENNY GUIDO

so, party is extending thier signal. NICE!!!!!

WE ARE TAKING OVER!!!!!! LONG ISLAND IS COMING TO GET YOU!!
Old October 31st, 2009, 08:28 AM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about

PULSE 87 was a phenomenon! A radio station at the remote end of the FM dial….a place where nobody was likely to stumble on it by accident….on a challenged signal and virtually no resources found its’ way into the hearts and, more importantly, the ears of over a million people in New York! We did something here that people actually sought out. In the current radio climate, that is nothing short of amazing. There is absolutely no doubt that if we had put this format on a full power FM here in New York that it would have been a much bigger success than any of the other recent format changes that were made in the market during our time here at 87.7. This was the only format change in New York, since CBS-FM switched BACK to classic hits, that anyone in this city actually cared about or showed real passion for. In this day of automated, voice-tracked, syndicated, centrally programmed radio stations, PULSE 87 was a breath of fresh air to a lot of people. I want to thank my amazing staff that worked through the toughest conditions and put on what was just an outstanding radio station! For all the drama about the company that made it into the news and trades, it never came out on the radio. There’s just no way to say enough about that. These people fought an amazing fight and did it with one hand tied behind their backs! Their efforts helped to, among other things, force music and artists onto other stations in the market that would never have seen the light of day had we not been here! PULSE 87 also transformed much of the club scene in the New York area from Hip Hop to Dance and demonstrated that radio still had the ability to energize an audience! All you have to do is engage them! To all the trade publications and sites, record labels, area clubs and artists…especially the local artists…that supported us, I thank you too. Some of the things we did just would not have been possible without your support. PULSE 87 proved that a well programmed Top 40/Dance format can work in the right markets. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that the demise of this station has anything to do with the viability of the format. Never forget that HOT 97 and POWER 106, when they did ostensibly the same format, were the stations that beat Z100 and KIIS-FM respectively!! In the meantime, for all the fans that will miss us and the radio folks out there that remember one of New York’s legendary stations and still want to hear great dance music, you can get it on my internet radio station at www.originalhot97.com.
Old October 31st, 2009, 08:30 AM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

BREAKING NEWS......

There’s A Party in NYC
After a 20 month run as NY’s Pure Dance station, Pulse 87 closes up shop today, replaced by the Rhythmic/Dance sounds of Party 105 from Long Island. One can easily see the dance music naysayers hopping on the blogosphere to spout off about how they said that dance music would never work as a format but Joel Salkowitz and his crew proved that dance music is alive and well in the Tri-State area. One has to look no further than their PPM CUME reaching close to 1 Million on a station that provided a lot of music that was unknown prior to Pulses airplay. Obtaining a CUME of 1 Million isn’t too shabby for a signal that has been challenged with a lot of obstacles , from its unconventional position on the dial to the questionable penetration of its signal into the cities dense buildings.

The station didn’t only break ground with its musical format but also with some of the ways that they went about getting Arbitron to even monitor them in the first place. I also can’t think of another LPTV signal that has ever reported to a chart in Billboard. And no, they weren’t the first commercial station to ask for the public’s help with financing although that is something that a lot of people will remember them for. Ultimately, it was the thing that kills most businesses that drove the Pulse into bankruptcy court, poor financial planning. That is in no way reflective of dance music as a format or its ability to draw sponsorship from advertisers. Taking over the programming of the frequency is JVC MEDIA better known as the owners of Party 105 on Long Island. Look for Vic Latino to bring his unique music mix of rhythmic and dance music to NY. Most that don’t follow the radio biz as often as we do will remember Vic from his tenure as the night jock for WKTU. And while most dance purists will say that this is just another rhythmic type station they should know that Vic is very aggressive with his music especially his dance cuts and usually will play songs before anyone including the labels know what they have. Vic is also the dj for several compilations on Ultra Records. There is no doubt that he’s qualified to keep dance music fans happy in this transition. Other changes that you’ll see in this move, Party 105 will no longer be broadcasting on 101.5 in Nassau county. Moving to that frequency will be JVC Media’s WBON tropical format ‘La Nueva Fiesta’ which is currently only heard in Suffolk county on Long Island.
Old October 31st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

this is indeed great news for freestyle fans. when I spoke to my cousin, DJ IMPACT, the freestyle dj at Party 105, he dropped a hint of this but I had absolutley no idea when he meant! Im glad his freestyle show will spread out to all of nyc and jersey now and KTU will feel Party's wraith!
Old October 31st, 2009, 10:29 AM

Wild Style is on a distinguished road

Kenny, DJ Impact is your cousin for real for real? LoL
Old October 31st, 2009, 10:31 AM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

from DJ Johnny Budz........the man who made club freestyle/:

Johnny Budz October 30 at 3:25pm Reply
Sadly, at 5pm today, Pulse 87 will shut down its airwaves due to financial reasons. Big thanks to Joel Salkowitz for allowing me be a part of an amazing radio station for 2 years. This station proved that pure dance music can live in NYC and I'm sure we haven't heard the last of a station like this in NYC.

You can still catch my mixshows on Sirius XM Friday nights at 10pm on channel BPM. I'm also on 3 different channels on Music Choice TV on the Dance, Electronica & Mixtape channels all weekend long at various times
Old October 31st, 2009, 10:33 AM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Kenny, DJ Impact is your cousin for real for real? LoL
yup! we found out by accident, too! my brother married his cousin and they were at a party a couple of years ago and my name got bought up and the rest is history!

yes, TAEZEE is my cousin, too!