freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > Freestyle Forums > Freestyle Dance Music Discussion

Freestyle Dance Music Discussion Discuss all aspects of Freestyle dance music.

Freestyle Forums: organization of freestyle

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:39 AM

CPR Jose Ortiz is just really niceCPR Jose Ortiz is just really niceCPR Jose Ortiz is just really niceCPR Jose Ortiz is just really nice
Re: organization of freestyle

Not only did Willie get himself "over" with the fans but he also go a slew of Artists a fan base as well.

He attempted to create new Artists and develop new talent.

One specific Artist given an opportunity was Freeze.

Freeze in turn took his opportunity, promoted himself everywhere he could and even pressed an album with Willie Valentin.

After selling the album on the streets for almost 2 years they then took the album and garnered enough interest that What If Productions and Bad Boy Joe not only re-pressed the Freeze album, but they asked Willie to mix the new school cd on Volume 5.

Do you see how marketing works?

And believe you me. Both Freeze and Willie Valentin got their money.

17 hours of FM Freestyle Programing and 0 effort in the promotion department from the New School Artists that are comfortable staying in their respective areas.

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:57 AM

taezee is a jewel in the roughtaezee is a jewel in the roughtaezee is a jewel in the roughtaezee is a jewel in the rough

"son we love you weve raised you to be an honorable man and now its time to step up..go make a freestyle song so you can finally move out of the garage and make youre mark on the world..for heavens sake your 32 allready and this last cell phone bill we have to pay for you in which you went waaay over youre texting is the last straw"

you mean that generation???

I still dont get this battle cry..get a form of music which was hot 20 years ago that has been exploited beyond recognition of the original format..and convince a generation that would rather hide out from the real world and dodge resposibilities and just watch reality TV shows all day rather then get a job...get them to rescue a genre of music that has no potential for generating revenue just because alot of 30 and 40 somethings are in denial that its over..

do i got that right??..that pretty much sum it up??

and again theres nothing being said in here that hasnt been xeroxed to death in countless online chatter for the last 9 years

Last edited by taezee; June 30th, 2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:46 PM

Metro NY Dance Radio Coal has a spectacular aura aboutMetro NY Dance Radio Coal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by taezee View Post
"son we love you weve raised you to be an honorable man and now its time to step up..go make a freestyle song so you can finally move out of the garage and make youre mark on the world..for heavens sake your 32 allready and this last cell phone bill we have to pay for you in which you went waaay over youre texting is the last straw"
I still dont get this battle cry..get a form of music which was hot 20 years ago that has been exploited beyond recognition of the original format..and convince a generation that would rather hide out from the real world and dodge resposibilities and just watch reality TV shows all day rather then get a job...get them to rescue a genre of music that has no potential for generating revenue just because alot of 30 and 40 somethings are in denial that its over..
and again theres nothing being said in here that hasnt been xeroxed to death in countless online chatter for the last 9 years
Uhh.....yeah, that just about sums it up.

It's just a matter of looking for that talent in the twenty-something range, has an onstage presence (aka: LOOKS GOOD) and can SING...on his/her own merit, not through a sound processor. That singer would also have to be responsible for his/her actions and treat this as a "profession" rather than some "get rich quick" scheme to do one album and "bye".

The music CAN'T be aimed to the upper 30/low 50's crowd and you can't call it "freestyle". It also has to sound different than the sounds the 1st generation of freestyle fans were used to.

Crazy idea? YEAH it is...I'll admit it. It wouldn't be a "rescue", but more of a "reinvention", an "evolution". Something that SHOULD have happened but never really did.
Check out the latest club/artist happenings for the weekend on - http://twitter.com/NYDanceMusic
New Music Spotlight (Sundays at 6PM /Eastern - US with a rebroadcast Fridays at 4PM/Eastern - US) on http://www.partyradiousa.net/
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:56 PM

Kid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It really does sum it up. I'm LMAO as I write. I'm assuming that the basic idea of what I just quoted is that peeps who were very young when the genre was already dead are also getting kinda old now.
Old July 1st, 2009, 04:17 PM

Metro NY Dance Radio Coal has a spectacular aura aboutMetro NY Dance Radio Coal has a spectacular aura about

Okay...so let's set this meeting up. For those of us in (or coming to) the area, we'll get a place somewhere. My guess is that we do a meet around 8PM or so, just before the clubbing starts up so that we can just lay the cards on the table and figure it out from there.

Like I said in another thread, even if NOTHING gets accomplished, the one thing that will be set out of all of this is a foundation. We can always build on that along the way.
Check out the latest club/artist happenings for the weekend on - http://twitter.com/NYDanceMusic
New Music Spotlight (Sundays at 6PM /Eastern - US with a rebroadcast Fridays at 4PM/Eastern - US) on http://www.partyradiousa.net/
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:46 PM

taezee is a jewel in the roughtaezee is a jewel in the roughtaezee is a jewel in the roughtaezee is a jewel in the rough

ummmm my prediction is.. we will find osama bin laden before youre meeting actually manifest either that or we will be driving hovercraft cars like the jetsons before an actual meeting takes place..
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
ummmm my prediction is.. we will find osama bin laden before youre meeting actually manifest either that or we will be driving hovercraft cars like the jetsons before an actual meeting takes place..
Then let's challenge your skepticism about this. All I need is a place and a time that is convenient for everyone to attend.

IF this does not happen, it's not because I don't want it to.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM

I have talked to a couple of you about this, and yes, we have to conduct a FREESTYLE MUSIC SUMMIT

It can be on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday but let's just get a place and all meet up, have a beer or two and discuss the matters out there.
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:40 PM

Lee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7/tka View Post
Organization:
Thatís the key word right now for this community so that it can move forward.
Times a wasting no one out of 2000 who read the last thread, which caused so much debate, have stepped up to the plate.
The day to days of the freestyle world has resumed back to its normalcy omg this is exhausting to read and watch.
Itís a time for all to become leaders and come on to their own. Move away from the forums people and make music make good music.
If soul music had its Quincy Jones then had its timberland who will be that for freestyle?
If pop music had its songwriters ala Diane warren who is that for freestyle today?
Stop following and lead do not leave your destiny to someone else.
If you had one hit move pass it and stop thinking that itís your saving grace.
Climb out of the crew thing and push forward its not a matter of loyalty itís a matter of making things happen sometimes you got to come on to your own as an individual to then help your crew.
Like relationships sometimes itís just not right and you have to let go.
Let go of this unproductive mentality stop reading the nonsense and making that the highlight of your week like oooh so & so in freestyle are arguing cause itís a distraction to what matters here your careers.
Move forward its 2009 soon to be 2010. The true times of this sound happened in late 1994 /1995 if those numbers donít speak volumes I really donít know what does.
Organize your life recreate your music career by becoming a better artist a better performer.
If youíre a songwriter be one if youíre a better producer be one if you have no talent step back im sorry but be honest to those who are not. If the world was your oyster back in the day it is not now so do something in stead of pouting and complaining after 15 plus years that you havenít made it.
Move on be more than what you are really.
You owe it too yourselves to the families who stuck by you while you chased this to no avail
Iím not saying leave freestyle Iím saying make it better already.its yours
If you donít believe what a waste this has become take a step back join one of the other forums any one some are fucking ghost towns some are twins even triplets of this one and Iíve even watched my good friend Kenny who I respect try to reach out to bring other into discussions but get treated as he did back in c.f
Be a fly on the wall watch the discussions and it will disappoint you to see how far we are from unity let alone being able to compete on a musical level with the rest of the music business.
My commentary may not be welcome or it may fall on deaf ears yet again but at least someone regardless of whether I record it still or perform it is trying to reach out as a vet to say wake up please wake up and do something.
In closing donít continue this thread with your scientific views of whatís gone wrong or your agendas to belittle each other. If you care for freestyle just do something more than what you have.
This is not meant to quarrel this is meant as a call to arms for a sound that needs improvement and growth
peace
Freestyle music sucks leave it alone it' so freaking tacky.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:05 AM

ANTI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to ANTI Send a message via AIM to ANTI Send a message via MSN to ANTI Send a message via Yahoo to ANTI
Thumbs up Re: organization of freestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
Kay is right. the time is now and we have to do something before its too late. dance is back in fullforce and freestyle needs to be reborn with a new sound. we have to take it over and keep it for ourselves if we ever want creditabilty oe respect again.
This is my contribution to FreeStyle Music!

Hello everybody! FreeStyle Music is my passion! I produce it with all the love in my FREESTYLE HEART! Therefor I invite you to take a listen to my work on my myspace page!

I hope Im not offending any of the administrators by reffering people to another site! And if I am Im totally sorry please forgive me! I just feel that I can contribute to the music that we all love and hold deep inside ourselfs!

MYSPACE.COM/FREESTYLEMUSICBEATS

Anybody interested just hit me up !

Peace and GodBless!

- ANTI !!

P.S.
Yes kenny da time is now for a new sound in freestyle! It could be done if the right people are given da chance to do so! Artistick manifistation and Musical evolution is THE KEY !!!