freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > Freestyle Forums > Party 105's DJ Impact (Back In The Day Buffet)

Party 105's DJ Impact (Back In The Day Buffet) This forum is for DJ Impact to do whatever he wants to do with it. He may also change the name. :)

Freestyle Forums: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Old July 27th, 2008, 12:22 PM

Mixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really nice
Re: I always wanted to try 3 tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Coast View Post
You got that right. Man I would love to try 3 turntables at once, now that takes some serious talent. Is that how they made alot of them promo "mix" records back in the day? I used to call them "piss break" records. If I had to run to the bathroom, or something I would throw one of them records on, they were usually 10-15 minutes long and had a bunch of tracks in one long continous mix... i have around 20 "Dj Only" records like that...remember the double A, B, C, ect,, and the mixmaster ones....lol...I have one with the "roof is one fire" mixed out of some freestyle, pretty sick. shit right there...
I got one for ya's, who can finsh this lyric: "Freeze, I'm Al baker............................................. .....................................?
It ends with "gimme all your money...".....oh I use 4 1200's btw. Using 2 to me is like being naked.
#1 Arbitron Rated Radio DJ
#1 Dance Mix Show in NYC History
MIX 102.7FM - NYC

www.DJtonyrocca.com
www.youtube.com/amrjr007[/YOUTUBE]
Facebook Fanpage with mix sets for you to enjoy:
http://www.facebook.com/DJTONYROCCA?...9091300?ref=mf

Old October 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM

DJ Alex Cruz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DJ Alex Cruz
Re: Can any DJ clarify this for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Tony Rocca View Post
Mr. X..
I do not understand the hate here...I am a DJ, former NAVY officer, 20 year Wall Streeter, Chairman of a publicly traded biotechnology company, have a degree and I am the CEO of a television and radio media firm.
I guess I must be a loser by your definition too?..oh well.
Word em up Tony, you told him. Aparently I got to this thread too late. I guess I'm a loser too, I hold a bachelors degree in accounting and I work for a major publicly traded electronics company and I'm a DJ. I say we give Mr. X a good old fashioned beatdown by DJs. But Kenny beat us to it and banned him.
Old October 30th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Banned

ronnie d has a reputation beyond reputeronnie d has a reputation beyond reputeronnie d has a reputation beyond reputeronnie d has a reputation beyond reputeronnie d has a reputation beyond reputeronnie d has a reputation beyond reputeronnie d has a reputation beyond reputeronnie d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ronnie d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Alex Cruz View Post
Word em up Tony, you told him. Aparently I got to this thread too late. I guess I'm a loser too, I hold a bachelors degree in accounting and I work for a major publicly traded electronics company and I'm a DJ. I say we give Mr. X a good old fashioned beatdown by DJs. But Kenny beat us to it and banned him.
mr x will be back under some other bogus made up screen name, its just a matter of time.
Old October 30th, 2008, 04:33 AM

Mixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie d View Post
mr x will be back under some other bogus made up screen name, its just a matter of time.

Hey I just rolled up on Mr. X at a drive thru..he was wearing a orange jumpsuit and tossin' salads...think I saw him using some jelly too...

Boooahhhhhhhh!!!! Get Some !!!

#1 Arbitron Rated Radio DJ
#1 Dance Mix Show in NYC History
MIX 102.7FM - NYC

www.DJtonyrocca.com
www.youtube.com/amrjr007[/YOUTUBE]
Facebook Fanpage with mix sets for you to enjoy:
http://www.facebook.com/DJTONYROCCA?...9091300?ref=mf
Old October 30th, 2008, 06:10 PM

Kid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of light

How could I have slept on this thread for so long? How does someone that's already getting paid to be a mobile dj not know about BPMs? How could Mr. X say some of the things he said about djs and expect anything else he would say to get taken seriously? Those were some of the most ignorant comments I've ever seen.
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:50 AM

BloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Heartbreak View Post
How could I have slept on this thread for so long? How does someone that's already getting paid to be a mobile dj not know about BPMs? How could Mr. X say some of the things he said about djs and expect anything else he would say to get taken seriously? Those were some of the most ignorant comments I've ever seen.
True. Mr X hit an all time low in this thread.
I mean seriously , does he not realize that most DJ's have full time corporate jobs as well and mostly just DJ because they actually like to do it.
Is he really that stupid ....
I simply just love to create mixes. It's just something I enjoy to do.
However I'm not paying my mortgage by mixing. Those DJ's that can do that , I say congrats to them for their success in doing something they love and getting paid to do it ....
Old October 31st, 2008, 06:53 PM

Kid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of lightKid Heartbreak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomfieldAveCruiser View Post
True. Mr X hit an all time low in this thread.
I mean seriously , does he not realize that most DJ's have full time corporate jobs as well and mostly just DJ because they actually like to do it.
Is he really that stupid ....
I simply just love to create mixes. It's just something I enjoy to do.
However I'm not paying my mortgage by mixing. Those DJ's that can do that , I say congrats to them for their success in doing something they love and getting paid to do it ....
Nowadays the way things are, most recording artists aren't being able to live off their music either. I wouldn't be surprised if djs are getting paid more than most recording artists nowadays.
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:17 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Frankie Cutlass will become famous soon enoughFrankie Cutlass will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Cutlass

LMAO LMAO LMAO BPM
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM

BloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really niceBloomfieldAveCruiser is just really nice

LOL, Mr. D was more of a music entertainer then an actual DJ.
No shame in that though since that is probably what his contracted jobs called for anyway ...

Speaking as a real mixing DJ, none of my material is kept in a BPM catagory anyway. Thats why pitch was invented ... LOL
Any DJ that only mixes material of a common BPM is really limiting himself on what can or could be mixed together ...