freestyle dance music forum

Go Back   Freestyle Music > General Discussion > General Discussion - The Lounge

General Discussion - The Lounge Open discussion. Take a moment to introduce yourself.

Freestyle Forums: Whoopi Confronts Opie & Anthony...

Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM

AlyM is on a distinguished road
Whoopi Confronts Opie & Anthony...

Great Article from FMBQ.

After four days of dealing with the Opie & Anthony "Pests" on her new morning show, Whoopi Goldberg found the best way to diffuse the situation: she walked into XM Satellite Radio's 57th Street studio and surprised the crew at the O&A show as she grabbed a microphone and sat down. What followed was a civil conversation between Goldberg and Opie & Anthony as they made nice over their criticism of her show and the attacks by the O&A Pests.

"You do a very different show than us, that's why it is so easy to goof on," said Opie. "We're not going for the same audience, but you just took away all the fun."

"Who the hell we gonna rag on now?," lamented Anthony.

Opie apologized for calling her a bitch, to which Whoopi laughed and replied, "It's ok because it's true."

As the conversation progressed, Opie asked about the tenor of Whoopi's show. "Are you really going to try a nice show? As a comic you have such an edge."

"When I'm doing my stuff and no one else has to take any responsibility or heat for it, then I can go berserk," replied Whoopi. She also added "when it's about someone else, it's not so much that it's a nice show." She then explained she needs to be respectful of the situation she is working in, such as when she hosted the Oscars. Whoopi also said, "I have no problem with potty mouth. I love potty mouth."

As the conversation wound down, Opie summed up the situation. "Thanks for showing the rest of the country that we are a bunch of pussies." He also added, "We're gonna have to lock the doors from now on."

Before leaving, Whoopi had a message for the O&A fans: "Pests, get a life! Be nice. You have been doing some mean stuff to me down around the building that I'm in. There's no reason for you all to walk up on me the way that you have. No reason at all. So, I don't mind. I like the boys. They're doing what they're doing, but you don't have to physically scare me."

Old August 3rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to KENNY GUIDO
Re: Whoopi Confronts Opie & Anthony...

Wow!!! Go Whoopi!
Old August 4th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

KENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY GUIDO has a spectacular aura about

Heart of Goldberg:
Whoopi settles feud

By DAVID HINCKLEY
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Whoopi, center, with Opie (l.)., Anthony and 'O&A' staffer Jim Norton Once upon a time there were two radio hosts on WFNY and XM. Call them Mr. Opie and Mr. Anthony.
One day a new radio show came to town. It was on WKTU. The host was Ms. Goldberg.
Mr. Opie and Mr. Anthony immediately began saying mean things about the new show.
It was too nice, they said - unlike their own show, which has been called many things, but almost never "too nice."
But Ms. Goldberg did not call them names in return. Instead, yesterday, she knocked on the door of the very messy studio where they do the XM part of their show each day. Although they were surprised, they said, "Come in."
They all began speaking, and within minutes they became such good buddies that listeners half expected them to start painting their toenails together and telling secrets.
"I'm sorry I called you a b-," said Mr. Opie.
"It's okay," said Ms. Goldberg, "because it's true."
All the people listening to the radio were surprised, because no one imagined that when they all met, Ms. Goldberg's "good manners" would win out over Mr. Opie and Mr. Anthony's "good radio."
But they did.
Paging Rodney King: Apparently we can all get along.
Mr. Opie and Mr. Anthony did lament the consequences of this unexpected development.
"You just took away all the fun," Mr. Opie told Ms. Goldberg.
"Who the hell we gonna rag on now?" said Mr. Anthony.
Oh, they will find someone.
Meanwhile, for a feud that barely advanced past "go," this one generated a lot of attention. So they all lived happily ever after.
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:16 AM
mixedgal2010

She's the WOMAN ya heard! Too cool, gotta love Whoopi.
Old August 4th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Supreme Freestyle Master
ADMINISTRATOR

well, at least we know she is serious about the show.
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:40 PM

Mixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really nice

she has more balls than most guys, but as a black woman...geesh she is a horror to look at.....

Maybe she is really a man?
#1 Arbitron Rated Radio DJ
#1 Dance Mix Show in NYC History
MIX 102.7FM - NYC

www.DJtonyrocca.com
www.youtube.com/amrjr007[/YOUTUBE]
Facebook Fanpage with mix sets for you to enjoy:
http://www.facebook.com/DJTONYROCCA?...9091300?ref=mf
Old August 7th, 2006, 03:47 AM
mixedgal2010

Ok not that I'm starting a little argument here but...

I can't believe what I'm reading here. What does being black have to do with it? If she were PR, DR, Cubana, Chinita, etc., would it be any different?
Old August 7th, 2006, 04:31 AM

Mixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really niceMixmaster Tony Rocca is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedgal2010 View Post
Ok not that I'm starting a little argument here but...
I can't believe what I'm reading here. What does being black have to do with it? If she were PR, DR, Cubana, Chinita, etc., would it be any different?

race has nothing to do with it.....no matter what color, dat' bitch is ugly....
#1 Arbitron Rated Radio DJ
#1 Dance Mix Show in NYC History
MIX 102.7FM - NYC

www.DJtonyrocca.com
www.youtube.com/amrjr007[/YOUTUBE]
Facebook Fanpage with mix sets for you to enjoy:
http://www.facebook.com/DJTONYROCCA?...9091300?ref=mf